Ultra-nourishing and recovering night cream for dry and ageing skins, with 4 vegetable oils and 3 essential oils especially picked for its skin-regenerating properties and deep skin absorption. It moisturizes, nourishes and repair damage while you sleep! Key ingredients:
- Enriching macadamia oil: regenerating properties, and composition very similar to the skin’s sebum.
- Pomegranate oil: invigorating and restorative effect on skin cells due to high percentage of punicic fatty acid. Moisturizing, protective and healing, it preserves the skin’s elasticity and firmness and helps to recover premature skin ageing.
- Sea buckthorn oil: High in Omega 7 and beta-carotene (pro-vitamin A), is an amazing nourishing, antioxidant and regenerating oil, it helps to firm the skin, prevents wrinkles, smoothes mild scars and strengthens the skin’s defences.
- Apricot kernel oil: helps to calm irritation and inflammation.
- Shea butter: Intense moisturizer and emollient with anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and healing properties, it supports healthy cell growth. Together with beeswax, creates a protective barrier on the skin that locks moisture, reduces water loss and protects the skin from the environment.
The combination of all these ingredients creates a super rich facial night cream! For a facial day cream, check our Moisture & Protection facial day cream!
Ingredients for 250 gr recipe
|%||Weight in gr||Ingredient name||Phase|
|3,5||8,75||Skincare Crafters ECO||A|
|10||25||Apricot Kernel oil||B|
|5||12,5||Sea Buckthorn oil||B|
|2||5||Beeswax (White) or Beeswax (Yellow)||B|
|5||12,5||Skincare Crafters MULS||B|
|0,5 (Approx. 10 - 15 drops / 100gr)||Approx. 25 - 37 drops in total||Divide the total amount of drops between one or more of following essential oils:|
Sandalwood, Geranium, Patchouli
- Measuring spoon 1 ml
- One small and one larger bowl- for measuring and mixing the ingredients
- Digital scale– with 0,1 gram precision
- Double boiler– for warming and melting oils, butters and oil-soluble ingredients. You can also use a heatproof glass beaker or jar resting in a saucepan with boiling water
- Stick blender– for mixing lotions and creams.
- pH stripes
- Recommended packing for this recipe: PET jar or glass jar
This recipe is an emulsion, meaning that we will mix water and water-soluble ingredients (Phase A), with oil and oil-soluble ingredients (Phase B) with the help of an emulsifier. Before mixing Phase A and B, we will need to warm them, and eventually melt some solid ingredients (like the shea butter and Skincare Crafters MULS in this recipe). After that, all we need to do is to mix the blend using a stick blender and… voilà, the cream will be formed!
- Before you start, make a 20% citric acid solution by dissolving 1 ml citric acid in 4 ml of water. This solution will be used at the end to adjust the pH of the emulsion. Reserve it for now.
- Using the small bowl, and the digital scale, measure all the ingredients from Phase B, and add them, one by one, to the double boiler.
- On the larger bowl, dissolve the xanthan gum into the glycerin until fully dissolved.
- Measure and add the Skincare Crafters ECO preservative to the glycerin and xanthan gum mixture.
- Heat the Phase B ingredients in the double boiler until approximately 75°C to 80°C
- In the meantime, while the Phase B ingredients are being heated, measure and heat the water using a saucepan or kettle, until approximately 75°C to 80°C.
- When both Phase B ingredients and the water have reached the same temperature of 75°C to 80°C, add first the water to the larger bowl containing the glycerin mixture, and then add the Phase B ingredients to the same bowl.
- Mix the blend using the stick blender, for about 1 minute.
- Continue to blend using the spatula until the mixture start to thicken. You can rest the bowl in cold water to speed up the process.
- When the mixture has cooled under 30°C, add the essential oils and mix it thoroughly.
- Check the pH using the pH stripes. The pH of the formulation should be between 4 and 5,5. If it is above 5,5, add few drops of the 20% citric acid solution made on step 1 and measure the pH value again. Repeat if needed.
- Pour the cream into the jar and let to cool down completely to room temperature before setting the cap.
How to use
Apply to clean skin before going to bed.