Very rich hand cream for intense nourishing, protection and repair, intended for dry and exposed skin, that is dehydrated and lacking vitality. Floral essential oils jasmine, rose and neroli, are not only great for damaged skins, they will also give a divine fragrance to this hand cream.
For this recipe we have chosen avocado oil – with deep skin penetration, it will carry nutrients to the skin’s lower layers. Avocado also supports collagen production in the skin. Borage oil – for its reparative and softening properties, and the rich macadamia – also with reparative properties, and composition very similar to the skin’s sebum, it will refill your skin.
We added a somewhat higher percentage of shea butter in this recipe, for extra nourishing. Together with beeswax, it will create a protective layer that will sit on your hands and protect your skin long after application.
Ingredients for 250 gr recipe
|%||Weight in gr||Ingredient name||Phase|
|3,5||8,75||Skincare Crafters ECO||A|
|10||25||Borage seed oil||B|
|2,5||6,25||Beeswax (White) or Beeswax (Yellow)||B|
|5||12,5||Skincare Crafters MULS||B|
|1 (Approx. 20 - 30 drops / 100gr)||Approx. 50 - 75 drops in total||Divide the total amount of drops between one or more of following essential oils:
Jasmine, Neroli, Rose Otto
- Measuring spoon 1 ml
- One small and one larger bowl- for measuring and mixing the ingredients
- Digital scale– with 0,1 gram precision
- Double boiler– for warming and melting oils, butters and oil-soluble ingredients. You can also use a heatproof glass beaker or jar resting in a saucepan with boiling water
- Stick blender– for mixing lotions and creams.
- pH stripes
- Recommended packing for this recipe: PET jar or glass jar
- Before you start, make a 20% citric acid solution by dissolving 1 ml citric acid in 4 ml of water. This solution will be used at the end to adjust the pH of the emulsion. Reserve it for now.
- Using the small bowl, and the digital scale, measure all the ingredients from Phase B, and add them, one by one, to the double boiler.
- On the larger bowl, dissolve the xanthan gum into the glycerin until fully dissolved.
- Measure and add the Skincare Crafters ECO preservative to the glycerin and xanthan gum mixture.
- Heat the Phase B ingredients in the double boiler until approximately 75°C to 80°C
- In the meantime, while the Phase B ingredients are being heated, measure and heat the water using a saucepan or kettle, until approximately 75°C to 80°C.
- When both Phase B ingredients and the water have reached the same temperature of 75°C to 80°C, add first the water to the larger bowl containing the glycerin mixture, and then add the Phase B ingredients to the same bowl.
- Mix the blend using the stick blender, for about 1 minute.
- Continue to blend using the spatula until the mixture start to thicken. You can rest the bowl in cold water to speed up the process.
- When the mixture has cooled under 30°C, add the essential oils and mix it thoroughly.
- Check the pH using the pH stripes. The pH of the formulation should be between 4 and 5,5. If it is above 5,5, add few drops of the 20% citric acid solution made on step 1 and measure the pH value again. Repeat if needed.
- Pour the cream into the jar and let to cool down completely to room temperature before setting the cap.
How to use
Apply this hand cream after washing your hands and re-apply as needed. For very dry hands, apply it before going to bed and let it work while you sleep.