With a light feel, this hand lotion contains a rich combination of antiseptic and antimicrobial vegetable and essential oils. The idea behind this recipe is to have a natural and organic alternative to keep your hands fresh and free from microorganisms, while moisturizing and revitalizing your skin.
We propose two different combination of essential oils: cedarwood, lemongrass and eucalyptus or rosemary, lavender and lemon. Both of them with super fresh, uplifting and odor neutralizing fragrances. This hand lotion is just perfect to have next to your kitchen’s sink as it neutralizes the food odor from your hands! And it is just as perfect to carry with you wherever you go!
As for the vegetable oils, castor oil also adds antiseptic, antifungal and antibacterial benefits to this hand lotion. Hemp seed contributes with anti-inflammatory, cell-renewing effect and sheabutter as an intense moisturizer and emollient that protects the skin from damage.
Ingredients for 250 ml recipe
|%||Weight in gr||Ingredient name||Phase|
|3,5||8,75||Skincare Crafters ECO||A|
|2||5||Beeswax (White) or Beeswax (Yellow)||B|
|3||7,5||Skincare Crafters MULS||B|
|1 (Approx. 20 - 30 drops / 100gr)||Approx. 50 - 75 drops in total||Divide the total amount of drops between one or more of following essential oils:
Rosemary, Lavender, Lemon
- Measuring spoon 1 ml
- One small and one larger bowl- for measuring and mixing the ingredients
- Digital scale– with 0,1 gram precision
- Double boiler– for warming and melting oils, butters and oil-soluble ingredients. You can also use a heatproof glass beaker or jar resting in a saucepan with boiling water
- Stick blender– for mixing lotions and creams.
- pH stripes
- Recommended packing for this recipe: PET bottle clear or PET bottle amber with pump OR, for a travel size, use a glass bottle clear or glass bottle amber with lotion pump
- Before you start, make a 20% citric acid solution by dissolving 1 ml citric acid in 4 ml of water. This solution will be used at the end to adjust the pH of the emulsion. Reserve it for now.
- Using the small bow, and the digital scale, measure all the ingredients from Phase B, and add them, one by one, to the double boiler.
- On the larger bowl, dissolve the xanthan gum into the glycerin until fully dissolved.
- Measure and add the Skincare Crafters ECO preservative to the glycerin and xanthan gum mixture.
- Heat the Phase B ingredients in the double boiler until approximately 75°C to 80°C
- In the meantime, while the Phase B ingredients are being heated, measure and heat the water using a saucepan or kettle, until approximately 75°C to 80°C.
- When both Phase B ingredients and the water have reached the same temperature of 75°C to 80°C, add first the water to the larger bowl containing the glycerin mixture, and then add the Phase B ingredients to the same bowl.
- Mix the blend using the stick blender, for about 1 minute.
- Continue to blend using the spatula until the mixture start to thicken. You can rest the bowl in cold water to speed up the process.
- When the mixture has cooled under 30°C, add the essential oils and mix it thoroughly.
- Check the pH using the pH stripes. The pH of the formulation should be between 4 and 5,5. If it is above 5,5, add few drops of the 20% citric acid solution made on step 1 and measure the pH value again. Repeat if needed.
- Pour the lotion into the bottle and let to cool down completely to room temperature before setting the cap.