Pain relief & circulation booster gel, for tired legs and feet. With antiseptic and antimicrobial essential oils peppermint, cypress and eucalyptus, this foot gel creates a nice cooling sensation and stimulates circulation. And, with a super fresh fragrance, this gel also neutralizes undesired odor from your feet and help to keep microorganisms away!
Xanthan gum is the key ingredient that will grant the gel consistency to this recipe. And as for the oils, we have carefully selected:
- Eucalyptus essential oil, for being antibacterial and antifungal.
- Cypress, for supporting detoxification and reducing water retention, with antibacterial, antiseptic and astringent properties.
- Peppermint, as it grants the amazing cooling sensation, with menthol-like fragrance, adding a stimulating and refreshing feel.
As vegetable oil we have chosen flaxseed for its softening and emollient effects on rough and cracked skin.
This recipe is really loaded with organic active ingredients, and it is so easy to make! It will be hard to believe that you have made it all by yourself!
Ingredients for 250 ml
|%||Weight in gr||Ingredient name||Phase|
|3,5||8,75||Skincare Crafters ECO||A|
|1 (Approx. 20 - 30 drops / 100gr)||Approx. 50 - 75 drops in total||Divide the total amount of drops between one or more of following essential oils: Peppermint, Cypress, Eucalyptus||D|
- Measuring spoon 1 ml
- One larger bowl- for measuring and mixing the ingredients.
- Digital scale- with at least 0,1 gram precision.
- Stick blender– for mixing.
- pH stripes
- Recommended packing for this recipe: PET bottle clear or PET bottle amber with pump, alternatively you can use a PET jar or glass jar.
- Before you start, make a 20% citric acid solution by dissolving 1 ml citric acid in 4 ml of water. This solution will be used at the end to adjust the pH of the emulsion. Reserve it for now.
- On the larger bowl, dissolve the xanthan gum into the glycerin until fully dissolved.
- Measure and add the Skincare Crafters ECO preservative to the glycerin and xanthan gum mixture.
- Measure and heat the water using a saucepan or kettle, until approximately 50°C.
- Add the water to the larger bowl containing the glycerin mixture and mix the blend using the stick blender, for about 1 minute.
- Add the flaxseed oil and continue to blend using the spatula.
- When the mixture has cooled under 30°C, add the essential oils and mix it thoroughly.
- Check the pH using the pH stripes. The pH of the formulation should be between 4 and 5,5. If it is above 5,5, add few drops of the 20% citric acid solution made on step 1 and measure the pH value again. Repeat if needed.
- Pour the gel into the bottle, or jar, and let it cool down completely to room temperature before setting the cap.
How to use
Apply the gel to clean feet and shin and massage it for some minutes until fully absorbed.