With a lighter feel, and enriched with amazing apricot kernel and baobab oils, this body lotion suits all skin types. Moisturizing and nourishing, but still easily absorbed, and with the super fresh and uplifting bergamot fragrance. Just irresistible!
And to complement the delightful bergamot, we suggest two combinations of essential oils: “super lovely” jasmine and ylang ylang for a more “floral” fragrance or, lavender and tangerine if you want it more citrus-like.
Make it, use it, love it!!
Ingredients for 250 gr recipe
|%||Weight in gr||Ingredient name||Phase|
|3,5||8,75||Skincare Crafters ECO||A|
|10||25||Apricot kernel oil||B|
|2||5||Beeswax (White) or Beeswax (Yellow)||B|
|5||12,5||Skincare Crafters MULS||B|
|10||25||Skincare Crafters SILK|
|0,5 (Approx. 10 - 15 drops / 100gr)||Approx. 25 - 37 drops in total||Divide the total amount of drops between one or more of following essential oils:
Bergamot, Jasmine, Ylang ylang
Bergamot, Lavender, Tangerine
- Measuring spoon 1 ml
- One small and one larger bowl- for measuring and mixing the ingredients
- Digital scale– with 0,1 gram precision
- Double boiler– for warming and melting oils, butters and oil-soluble ingredients. You can also use a heatproof glass beaker or jar resting in a saucepan with boiling water
- Stick blender– for mixing lotions and creams.
- pH stripes
- Recommended packing for this recipe: PET bottle clear or PET bottle amber with pump
- Before you start, make a 20% citric acid solution by dissolving 1 ml citric acid in 4 ml of water. This solution will be used at the end to adjust the pH of the emulsion. Reserve it for now.
- Using the small bow, and the digital scale, measure all the ingredients from Phase B, and add them, one by one, to the double boiler.
- On the larger bowl, dissolve the xanthan gum into the glycerin until fully dissolved.
- Measure and add the Skincare Crafters ECO preservative to the glycerin and xanthan gum mixture.
- Heat the Phase B ingredients in the double boiler until approximately 75°C to 80°C
- In the meantime, while the Phase B ingredients are being heated, measure and heat the water using a saucepan or kettle, until approximately 75°C to 80°C.
- When both Phase B ingredients and the water have reached the same temperature of 75°C to 80°C, add first the water to the larger bowl containing the glycerin mixture, and then add the Phase B ingredients to the same bowl.
- Mix the blend using the stick blender, for about 1 minute.
- Continue to blend using the spatula until the mixture start to thicken. You can rest the bowl in cold water to speed up the process.
- When the mixture has cooled under 30°C, add the essential oils and mix it thoroughly.
- Check the pH using the pH stripes. The pH of the formulation should be between 4 and 5,5. If it is above 5,5, add few drops of the 20% citric acid solution made on step 1 and measure the pH value again. Repeat if needed.
- Pour the lotion into the bottle and let to cool down completely to room temperature before setting the cap.